Saturday, August 31, 2013

Full Saturday

It dawned on me this morning... I have another sewing machine! I've been contemplating trying a "cover stitch" but I had not contemplated trying it on my Bernina. The old machine sews just fine for top stitches so I could set it up next to my serger and hop from machine to machine. Is it normal to wake up and immediately think about sewing? It's in my blood.

When I finish blogging, I won't begin on the cover stitch experiment, I will be heading off to work. I plan to be there until my tummy rumbles or my eyes can't distinguish between the 0's and 1's any more. Our latest project at work is going to kill me. I know it. I called W yesterday to vent and I don't remember everything I told him but I do remember telling him that I had to walk out of there when I did because I just didn't know how to do my job. Mentally, that's a very uncomfortable place for me be. Today is a fresh day so I will go into work and it will be a very different atmosphere without the hustle and bustle and I will put on some soothing Weezer or something and figure it out - TODAY - or tomorrow or the next or whatever. 

The hardest part of IT is... whether it's systems, hardware or software... literally, IT professionals are trying to do something they've never done before with a deadline.

After work I'll stop and grab a cute little tiara for G's best friend and make her a cake since today is her Birthday. She's a special girl and I think she appreciates me as motherly-figure. I need her to trust me in order for her and G to make good decisions together and even when they don't. That way I can lecture her and G together so that she knows my standards too and be able to gauge the severity of the situation. What she doesn't know is that I am strategically using her to help G become a great young lady. aHHHAhahahahaha. What would you do? Sit back and cross your fingers?

This evening will consist of grocery shopping and attaining household supplies. Maybe even a little bathroom scrubbing and what-not. If I can complete most of what I've mentioned here today then I can certainly spend my Sunday on the cover stitch bit. I've got to try.


No comments: