Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Funk

I'm not sure when it happened exactly but somehow I fell into a funk this weekend and just couldn't wait for it to be over. I was very grumpy and felt that I couldn't find any personal space and E whined ALL weekend. My funk was at it's peek last night because yesterday felt like I should have been at work.

I'm feeling refreshed today though, as I am up and moving around this morning, whilst everyone else sleeps. I think I was off my new early schedule and worried a lot about work. There is a lot of pressure there. I plan to get ready this morning, as usual, and walk into work with a get-er done attitude to work off some of the pressure and NOT bring it home tonight. I owe my family one. 

Needless to say I didn't get much of anything done this weekend other than clean the bathrooms and brush down the pool. Oh yeah, I did get groceries and found a moment to finish a dress that gathers around the collar and arm holes. I don't understand why the pattern wanted me to gather with baste stitches. Elastic seems like the better choice. I guess it was trying to keep things simple but it's a knit maxi and it should move with you. A lot. Oh well. I'm still trying to figure out how to use patterns to create clothing that fits well.

I think I'll make a pair of khaki drawstring pants from a pattern I bought about a year ago sometime this week. Its a Kwik Sew I think and It contains instructions for either a maxi skirt or slacks. I made the skirt last year and it was surprisingly too big. I think I know where to make the pants smaller to get the fit. I'll stop by the fabric shop to select a lovely shade and weight of linen today. That will definitely put my funk to rest. 

No comments: