Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cutting Through a Table is Difficult

W came home yesterday and found a project in the driveway. When he came inside, he questioned me..."What were you doing?"
Me - "Nothing."
W - "Why did you cut your craft table in half?"
Me - "Okay." *big sigh* "I need an angled table to fit in the corner of the craft room."
W - "How did you do it? I mean, how did you think you would get the angles? Did you measure?"
Me - "Of course. I used the Pythagorean Theorem."
He shrugged, nodded his head in approval, then offered to bring the butchered pieces inside before the rain fell. I explained that my math was incorrect and that I tried to improvise with instincts. In addition to my rusty trig, the jigsaw's battery kept dying so I used a handsaw as well. I put the battery on the charger yesterday so I know it will be ready to go today in order to finish the project. I will still have to put the pieces together, sand and paint.

On another note, E wants to go to the park today. I told her to wait for the sun to come up, then we'll go. I suppose I'll have to plan something for this morning; outdoors. Maybe a splash pad or the Zoo. Oh the zoo sounds exhausting (remembering the Sea World incident of Day 1 Va-Ca).

We'll find something to do I'm sure. For now, I'll try to find some inspiration to create this morning. I have already read two inspiring blogs before sitting down to write. The only two I have listed under "Inspirations" on the right of this page. One of which was added this morning. If you know of any good blogs that get the juices going, then by all means, leave them in the comments of this blog. Thanks!

No comments: