Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm trying to be a morning person

Actually I am already a morning person. I am trying to be an early morning person. G's new schedule involves get up at 6 for school. I thought I could be supportive of her if I were to get up too. She shouldn't be the only one up and moving around at that time. It wouldn't be fair. She's always been a prompt child. I also spotted a local women's fitness center yesterday that I thought would be cool to find out what programs are available. I'm not considerably active, although I like the idea of being active. I enjoy sports - watching - playing with the kids, swimming, walking, skating (roller) to name a few, but I do not do any of these things long enough to say it's exercise. I'm thinking I'm ready to turn a new leaf. You know, at my age, it is essential to stay healthy. I'm feeling like I need to get up earlier - who needs 8 full hours of rest anyway - do some movements to get the blood going, then blog. I'm NOT saying I'm planning a strict regimen, that's crazy. I'm just saying I'm willing to try a different routine. I'm NOT trying to lose weight either - in case you were worried. I'm trying to reverse the "programmers atrophy" (that's what I call it) and slim down my insides. You see, I'm a fat woman in a skinny body. I eat what ever I feel like eating and at anytime with zero regard to how much fat/cholesterol may be in it. Honestly, I don't eat much, surprised? I wait until lunch to have my first meal of the day. I've been occasionally having yogurt or cream of wheat for breakfast to change this behavior but it just speeds up my metabolism so that I'm REALLY hungry by 11:00 am and this is when I'm in a conference call or submerged in code that I cannot stop what I'm doing to eat or snack. I usually take a lunch sometime between 12 and 1 pm. WARNING: If I wait until 2 then it is really hard to reverse the effects of the drop in sugars. I'll feel gross and sluggish so I know my breaking point. I'll usually have a sandwich or salad for lunch and sometimes eat out with friends and then make a well rounded meal for dinner including carbs, proteins, vegetables and dairy. I'm writing all this because A) I'm confessing my unhealthy lifestyle and B) if you write it then it is a goal. I've been unsuccessful at this point to begin eating breakfast and exercising regularly. I've tried different approaches at being healthy, such as W's approach which is running at night, but this didn't work for me because I don't like running and I'm a morning person. I'm not one to give up so I think this new schedule is the natural course for me to take. I have been known to tune-in to the subconscious and ride the wave all the way in. I hear you subconscious! Loud and clear. My hypotheses is, if I am active in the morning then I will be hungry for breakfast. This could solve two of my age old internal battles. So 6 am it is. I owe it all to Back-To-School. Wow, I really get off schedule when school is out for summer.

No comments: