Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Annual IT Appreciation Dinner Party

W and I had the pleasure of visiting the home of D & S last night (D is the VP of Operations for the company I work for and S is his Wife). The two of them invited our company's entire IT Team, both Development and Systems. My Boss was there and the other VP of Underwriting as well and all of our significant others.

D and S have such a beautiful place with so much space that 26 people sat comfortably at one long table in the foyer/formal dinning area. It was so lovely. I aspire to host that way someday. The food was fabulous, the details of the table, the friends. Just lovely. Meeting the other halves of my co-workers was really a treat too. I learn so much about my co-workers by how they interact with their spouses and who they go to work for day in and day out.

W on the other hand, well, he had a good time but there was an issue with the food. I did not ask the hostess of course to prepare anything without meat so W pushed the food around a bit as he would normally do but the only catch was he sat next to the hostess, S. She kept asking him if everything was OK. He smiled and was very polite. He even took several bites. He was trapped. It was either go to "Make A Scene Town" or eat it. I felt terrible for him but he survived.

We laughed, we shared tales, we ate. I had quite the lovely evening. I prepared a small jar of peach preserves with a hand written tag to present to the hostess but I feel that I should present another small gesture to her since the dinner was in honor of me and my team. Will a thank you card suffice or should I do something "extra" for S? Any suggestions?

No comments: