Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Website Under Construction

As a part of my software development team, I found a Web Designer to assist with "look and feel". Even though the team has brought him over to the dark side of development lately with Microsoft tools and code, he is utterly fantastic when comes to branding. I was showing off a garment I made last week, in the office, and he piped up, "You need a site and we should get started!" I thought about this for a bit and concluded that it may never be too soon to start a website. 

Once I have a lease signed I will definitely need to get up and running fast. I won't need an all together elaborate site. A place to put pretty pictures and a calendar for events. The rest will be regular stuff, contact us, about us, information on our show casing program for local artists. Maybe somewhere down the line I can add an inventory but I will probably brand my line of products under a different name. Speaking of names, I need a name for the studio. I also have to choose colors but the rest will be up to the designer. 

Things are getting serious here. Fear is starting to set in. Small voices are starting to tell me that this is a bad thing to do. The main one that I hear constantly is, "How will you have time?" Another nagging one is, "What if it isn't as awesome as you think it is?" Jon Acuff says in his book START subtitled: Punch Fear in the Face and Escape Average, that this is normal and that the voice of "reason" will tell you lies. If I listen to the lies of fear then I will always be safe in the land of average.

I choose to move forward and plan carefully, not recklessly, to bring my dream into a reality. And it's OK if it fails. I will learn what NOT to do the next time and my family will not be mad at me for trying (which is another voice I hear occasionally.)

No comments: