Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tonight = Business Plan Workshop

I'm taking my spreadsheet with me to the Seminole Co. Library tonight. That spreadsheet contains several columns of projected dollar amounts. There is a part 2 workshop tonight for new businesses. Part one was a couple of weeks back which was very informative for someone who knows nothing about starting a business. I was planning on skipping part 2 because I'm not taking out a loan and I don't think I'll need an official one to sign a lease for 1 year. However, I'm probably just being stubborn and W mentioned that the workshop was to be held at a different location and he asked me if I wanted to go. I thought that I'd better go so that he, especially, thinks I'm taking this whole thing seriously. 

I still have to settle on a name. The name must reflect me. It should be somewhat descriptive of the business and it should ring. Like when you say, "I'm going down to Lowes", I want people to say, "I'm heading over to *blank*" and others are like, "really!, I was just gonna stop by there too." I guess that's not because Lowe's is a great name. Its branding and it will take some time to gain that but I will never know if I don't get started and if I don't settle on a name then I can't get started! This is really killing me because it took me 8-9 months to name each of my children and the only reason I finally settled on a name then was because of the  daunting guilt of delivering a child and not having a name to give to her. This is different...but the same...but a little different.

I will be discussing the wire frames of my site today with the designer and putting getting some tips for my business plan. This is exciting! 

No comments: