Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wishing I Could Sew Today

Browsing some of my favorite sites does not always inspire me. Sometimes they leave me with a sick sadness of jealousy and insecurities. Like today, I decided to see what one gal who blogs about fashion was up to. She makes some of the items that she blogs about but most of her blogs are about low-end fashion trends. Today she posted pictures of a week-long sewing get-away with girlfriends. There are so many things wrong with this and why I can't do something as totally awesome as a week long sewing get-away with girlfriends. 

1) I don't really have any girlfriends to do this with
2) I have a job
3) I have a lot of kids
4) So much other stuff to do....

I'll stop there. 

What really irked me was when I took a glace at her Instagram images and I found pictures of her two really cute (small) kids. I've nothing against her kids. It's her house! It was gorgeous! It was CLEAN! She had a nice shaggy rug in her living room and the tidiest play area. Oh that sort of thing makes me feel inferior. Excuses #2, 3 and 4 prevent me from keeping an immaculate house.

I don't like those insecure feelings and I might have to pay a visit to tinybudda.com to expunge them. Even though I'm dying a little inside thinking about going to work instead of heading out the door to a sewing summit with friends, I thank my lucky stars for excuses #2, 3 and 4. I can say with confidence that most of my Hierarchy of Needs are met and I can always sew when I get home (or bring my embroidery project to work).

No comments: