Monday, October 28, 2013

Thank You Monday

Thank You Monday for showing up and putting every thing back into perspective. The Monday alarm is reality speaking to me in Morse Code through every pulsing beep. 

MEEEEEP, MEEEEEEP, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. 

First I had to establish where I was. 
E's room, yes, I remember her asking me to come in here at 2:30 AM. Great. Now find where the beeping is coming from. The dining room. Right. Because of the phone issue. Alright, I'm up now. 
Put on a pot of coffee and take a peek at the weekend damage - I mean budget. 
6:30 AM - finished and that wasn't so bad. I didn't have to make any rash decisions. I would be so lost if I didn't plan with/for our money. Our purchases and schedules are not easy to keep up with especially after a whirlwind of vaccinations, Halloween purchases, Birthday's, and Homecoming preparations all since Friday. Whoa! I feel like I'm back in control this morning and that's what's important. 

The weekday's have structure. Predictability. Minus my daily tasks while on the clock. The shear nature of IT is unpredictable so I loose control again around 8:45 AM every day until 5:00 PM. Really, now that I think about it, I don't have much control over my life - ever. I'm more REACTIVE than anything else. Some decisions I make are very intentional for the future but the rest feel willy-nilly and on-the-spot.

I'm over thinking this. I want to get back to when I was grateful for Old Faithful - Monday Morning. I want to put my reality aside and find my alternate reality of a structured normal Monday just to help me cope with my chaos.

This seems like a movie... Matrix?

No comments: