Friday, October 25, 2013

Sew Much to Do

See what I did there?. 

Seriously, I haven't sewn a thing this week, again. The projects I mentioned earlier this week that are for E's Birthday will not get finished I'm sure of that. I guess I could try to finish the blanket but she's getting a whole new set of bedding I ordered from Amazon. so I probably won't. The bedding I bought seemed perfect for a "Big Girl" it has purple and green owls on the comforter and a sweet dust ruffle. She's going to love it. I can't wait to tuck her in to her new "Big Girl" bed. Maybe I can make her a cute wrap around skirt with the Ninja-Turtle fabric instead of the fancy 3-tiered dress I imagine I would do. I don't have to be so elaborate all the time. I can serge a wrap around in about 30 min. I think. I'll time myself. 

G's Homecoming is next week and I have to hem the chiffon drape-age. It's a full length gown but I'm afraid her stupid stiletto's will snag the chiffon and she'll trip. I'll be making a trip to fabric store to pick up thread. I'm still undecided about whether I should serge the chiffon (which is what the manufacturer has done. no surprise there.) Or should I do a rolled hem. The chiffon is pleated so I'm afraid if I put something with too much weight down there then it won't fold the way it was intended to do. Any ideas? 

No comments: