Thursday, October 10, 2013

Studio Neglect

Ever since the space we looked into for the studio rented to a deli, I haven't put much thought into the studio. I signed up for a new business workshop coming up next week but other than that I guess losing the cute space in Historical Longwood has really shut me up.

I knew it was too soon to jump into but something inside of me kept saying, "do it or lose it" and "this is your dream, it's supposed to be scary at first". It was probably my heart that said those things to me and it was probably not consulting with my brain because the opposite side of that voice would say, "are you CRAZY!" and "how will you maintain two full time jobs?"  This was my brain not consulting with my heart. If I can't get the two of them to work together on this than how can I make anything successful. I'm hoping the workshop will help my brain voice to relax a little and help my heart voice to step into reality a bit. 

One idea I had was to only use hard earned money to bring the studio to life. A small savings and a modest budget should get this thing off the ground for a couple of months without any debt or stress. My biggest concern is that the studio will not do as well as I'd planned - or worse, it will do well an I can't devote the time needed to continue to do well even with my written business plan in place, and I will stress about spending more out of pocket to keep it alive or at least keep my commitment to the lease. This would certainly cut into my day job which I love with all my heart too. I'm so torn between logic and hypothetical that I choose to neglect the idea entirely so that I can move on with my life. I don't want to forget it though. I just need some time to sort this out. 


No comments: