Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Family Ties

I know I said yesterday that I would have to make up with my family for being such an A to them on Labor Day. We all had some time apart to reflect (me), and I tried hard to figure out how to make things right. But you know what? They welcomed me Home just like any other day. No even one mentioned my rude behavior. It was as if things were okay. No one was seriously hurt. That's what makes Family amazing. No grudges, no judges. Just unconditional love. I took that as my forgiveness and tried to savor that feeling to shed the guilt of being human once in a while and accept that I was selfish and ornery for that one day. Although, I cannot pretend that it didn't happen, I can say that it was simply over by the next evening. Acceptance and forgiveness are powerful and without the distribution of such gifts some of us would not be able to move on.

This blog is titled for K and T. The idea came to me after hearing about their Fam sitting around the T.V.  on Labor Day watching re-runs of Family Ties with Michael J. Fox and thinking how great things were when sitcoms were wholesome. I love you guys.

1 comment:

kendall said...

Man.. I'm getting behind in my reading! I thought I had checked the blog and it hadn't been updated. Now I'm going to procrastinate my morning walk to read read read. LOVE you guys too!