Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sign Me Up... To Teach

I spoke with a new friend last night about things that are happening with the woman at church. She described the self defense class that occurs twice a month and a romantic dance coming up soon. Both of these things sound awesome and I'm thinking that's exactly what I need - me time. Well, the romantic dance will be "us time" but you understand. 

She and I spoke for a while longer and she peaked and interest in jewelry making. I mentioned my studio idea and what-not and she just grinned from ear to ear wanting to learn. She asked me to teach a group of the woman at church. My limited knowledge and simplistic design techniques are perfect for teaching beginners. Any one workshop should only be about 45 mins long and allow for attendees to finish the project or they will be less likely to do it again. I'll be thinking this through today and planning for the event. The church will allow us to use what ever space we need for the workshop so I won't have to wait for the studio space to get started. I'm feeling like I can use this experience as a dry run for future workshops in determining whether they will be successful or not.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: