Thursday, September 12, 2013

Grandma's Groceries

I picked up E from school and G from her BF's house then raced home after work. G helped to make dinner and serve the other kids. I wondered if the mormon ways were setting in and I wouldn't have to make dinner any more because the oldest child is expected to take care of the younger children. Probably not though.
We finished our chicken salad sandwiches and left over veggie pasta smothered with homemade alfredo sauce, and decided to get italian ice. But before the ice, I thought it would be a good idea to stop into Target to get a few groceries to take to Gma's house.

Target is always stressful with all the kids in tow because they all go in different directions. I have to watch the bigger ones just as closely because they think this is the ideal time to tease the smaller one. Anyway, we grabbed a few things that ended up not fitting in the hand basket - as usual - and headed to checkout. 

By the time we climbed into the van I felt exhausted but we were still on a mission to get Italian ice. I decided that it had gotten a bit too late to just show up at Grandmas house unannounced so I called. She said she was already in bed and didn't need any groceries. I was not surprised that she rejected my offer so that's why I didn't want to call first. However, this was not going to ruin our ice cream experience.  

We arrived at the ice cream shop and carefully selected our flavors then climbed back into the van to head over to my moms place so that our trip into the next town was not in vain. It was a nice visit and I distributed some of the items that were intended for Grandma to my mom and went home. It was disappointing that Grandma didn't want us to stop by but not surprising. 

This morning I poured a cup of coffee and remembered that I ran out of half and half yesterday AM.  I didn't even think to get anything for us while we were at Target. Thank goodness I bought some for Grandma cause there it was in MY fridge waiting for me.

No comments: