Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year Resolutions

How many blogs have posted tips and comments on resolutions for the New Year?

That's rhetorical. I know this is bit late to jump on that band wagon but I don't think it's TOO late. I wanted to learn to knit this year but I had that one in the bag on New Year's Day. The craft store had skeins of yarn on sale so I picked out a great asparagus color and a book for $3.99 about the basics. I'm well on my way to completing a shawl for my office. I probably won't need it there since I share an office with 3 others and it's usually warm but I see it as a novelty.

No, that resolution was childish and too easy so I needed a new one. Pay down principle balance on the mortgage is one that we planned to do this year. But again, this one is easy because we've been planning this for 6 months already and it is open ended. I didn't pinpoint a dollar amount or anything. So what should my REAL resolution be?

Last August I made a decision to blog in order to build a web presence and to practice writing. I did very well for several months. However, I dropped the ball in December. I am reminded of this every weekday when my alarm goes off at 5:30 am. My excuses of being over stressed and sick are not relevant any longer so what was my excuse this morning as my phone beeped from the dining room table (I still have the same 'ol phone that I can not charge in a wall outlet)?  That's also rhetorical. Don't answer that. I peeled myself out of my sheets and ran into the door frame trying to get to the ringing. I flipped on the light in the dining room, woke up the laptop, put on a pot of coffee and... heard E calling my from her room. AHHHHHHH! I woke her up. New plan. I then proceeded to make oatmeal for her and pay some bills.

7:00 AM: I'm now finished taking care of business and ready to get to my New Year's Resolution. Which is continuing to blog daily about random stuff and build up my craft cafe dream again by rambling on and on about it. I will suppress the ease of avoiding the blog by creating excuses and plow through any obstacles. It's January 2014! It's a good to be here.


No comments: