Monday, January 13, 2014

Offspring Creations

I am so proud to see my my girls doing things that I love to do. They do not even think twice about it. Creating is in their blood. Their souls carry the torch for "seeing" then "making". I'm just here for advice.

G called her B-friend and asked him to come over to help her paint an old dresser to put in her room. The mess around the beautiful antique is irrelevant and all the kids rooms still lack base boards but we are working on it! However, this piece turned out to be stunning. It looks great with the Boom Art decoupage. 


This child took a short ride to the mall with her auntie and raced home to find fabric for a design she found at one of the trendy stores. Below is constructed of a 4-way stretch knit I had left over. I advised her to use a zig-zag stitch when she asked if she had to stretch-and-sew. Inside the skirt, pictured top right is a small pocket for the iphone. LOL.


The second one was constructed an hour or so later when the girls called up Grammy to bring over a few more knit selections. B chose a sea shell print but was disappointed when the "fringe" didn't "roll up" like the prototype. I explained to her the difference in knit fabrics. Not pictured is the finished skirt where the second skirt needed a little cinching at the waist. I hand-stitched two scraps on the hip for her to tie together like a wrap around. She was excited that it turned out more "bo-ho" than the first one. 


Lastly, below was my weekend craft. I'm not sure that I love it yet. I plan to give it until the end of the week to grow on me or I'm heading to the home improvement store for another bucket of paint. The base boards look amazing on the other hand. I am open for suggestions...


No comments: