Thursday, January 23, 2014

Disney World Weekend

I think it took all of the last three days to recover from Disney World. Since it is only a 35 minute drive to the park we didn't rush. We did not arrive at rope drop or anything on Sunday but we parked, bought tickets, mono railed and made it into the park by 11:00 am which by that time the temperatures went from the 40's to the 60's so we all started peeling back our layers. 

That place is really so magical. E busted out on the packed, quiet mono rail, "Where does the magic start?!"
I don't even know what that means but I looked around at everyone looking at her and turned to her to say, "right here Honey."

We spent about 11 hours there and if our bodies would have let keep going then we would have stayed until 1:00 am when the park closed. Instead, we made it home by 11:30 pm. 

I took my camera and maneuvered it pretty well for an amateur, I think, except that I lost the lens cap on Big Thunder Mountain. It must have banged around in the coaster car that it popped off. I had just ordered it from Amazon so I'll be making a repeat purchase soon. The other thing is that the storage door or card-cover, has a small springy feel to it that allows the door to open a tiny bit. This happens if I squeeze the right side of the camera because I'm trying to take a quick pick. If the door opens during the exposure then the image is lost. That happened a couple of times. Once during a meet and greet with Rapunzel that we waited over an hour for. It was very disappointing. I'll look into getting it serviced.

Anyway, I did get a few good snaps though...






No comments: