Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm up. I'm up!

The alarm pinging ever so softly did not get me out of bed this morning. B's phone charger broke yesterday so I sacrificed mine since I also have one at work. That means that my phone was not in the dining room charging all night. It was bed side for easy access. I realize this is not going to work long-term. All you have to do is shut it off within an arms reach and its over. Getting up to shut off the alarm is far more effective. But I want to get back to the part of my story of before I finally got out bed.

For a FL Girl, I would like to think that I'm not a cry baby when comes to cool weather. Although, the few times I've been to UT, I found it tricky to get acclimated. Discovering the combination of a light sweater and flip flops is key to comfort in the cool desert nights but here in FL, it seems like the cold is "different".

The warmth of the central heat set at 71 degrees F. and the plethora of comforters, sheets and Grandma afghans made it extra tricky to obey the alarm even if the alarm weren't within arms length. I understand that 36 degrees is not that cold. Okay who are we kidding, it is cold, but it is bearable right? I am trying very hard not to complain or even wince at our weather because I know that the North East and even Central would kill for 36. Chicago was at -11 yesterday while we were in the 60's. 

If you have to go out today, and most of us will, then bundle up, eat a piping hot bowl of oatmeal, stay hydrated and make it a great day.

No comments: