Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Toning Down the Dream

I've heard through the grave vine that I need to be careful of who I tell about the studio dream I have. I've heard that some people won't be as supportive as others and that it can be perceived as a threat or competition.

It's a dream people for Pete's Sake. Support people you care about! If you don't understand it then ask questions, don't gossip. I probably shouldn't write about it either but I'm very passionate about my hobby and I know WE can do great things in a crafting studio. "WE" meaning: my kids, my friends, my family, my co-workers, my community and me. Last last week I looked at a tiny store and thought, "I can do this" shortly afterward I heard the gossip. Now I don't feel like escaping average and being awesome like Jon Acuff says. I feel like curling up and forgetting about the whole thing. I keep telling myself that it was a stupid idea and it will never happen. How can one tiny event kill a whole  dream. I'm really concerned that people are talking and stirring things up that aren't there so I've toned it down. Actually, I've shut it down and I don't feel good about it anymore.Yuck. 

What I'm trying to do here is purge the bad taste in my mouth so that I can move on with my dream. If I don't throw my wonderful dream their face then they don't have to feel that its a threat. This is a lesson learned. Sharing is not always caring and that's unfortunate.

No comments: