Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scratched Cornea & Work

I woke up on Sunday with a burning sensation in my eye so yesterday, during lunch, I ran into an eye center that happens to be my moms eye doctor that happens to be in the parking lot of my office. The Doc says I have a scratch right in the front of my cornea and he said it should start to feel better in a few days and prescribed gel drops. I literally was coding the final touches on the quoting application with one eye before our 4:00 release. 

The drops are smooth. I can't even tell that a drop went in until my lashes feel wet. It does feel better today. At least I won't feel like I have to pull the van over when tears start welling up because my eye is sensitive to light on the way to work.

Thankfully, I'm almost through the 4th layer of Hell. We delivered the site yesterday to the client but several things came up at the last minute that we didn't disclose to the client or to the project manager or to anyone else. We will work on those items today and hopefully no one will run into them first. Once we are comfortable with the functionality of the new quoting tool then I will have to squeeze in a renewal tool before the end of the year for another client. We put this project off to finish this last project and we have another disgruntled client waiting in line. I'm about 75% finished with the beta release so I'm not too concerned about it but it is back to back projects and no vacation time used. Blah. I'll take off in January I guess.

No comments: