Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Peering

This verb will represent my state of mind today. Peering over the canyon is what I'm doing. It's a long way down but there are so many adventures there and I'd like to consider myself resourceful so survival is possible...

I'm considering pulling the trigger on the studio even though I am no way near ready. I believe that worry and fear will prevent me from ever being entirely ready anyway. The voices in my head are conflicting and confusing but if I don't try then I will never know if I could or worse, someone else will try and that WILL KILL ME. 

PROS
I am confident that the idea will work.
Good clean fun.
Work that matters.
Opportunity to teach/involve my kids in business concepts, marketing, budgeting, earning.
Community involvement.
Income

CONS
I am not sure how long it will take to work.
I might sabotage my career trying.
The lease aka commitment.
More bills.  (this is the one I fear the most)
Dedicated time.

At least my list of pros is slightly longer. I think with G helps this summer she and I can divvy up responsibilities so the last con could eventually move to the pros. There are so many variables here and this would be the most risk I've ever taken on in my whole life. It didn't start out that way though. It started out as a way for me to craft when ever I wanted with friends and family and it turned into a second job. How do I get back to that simple concept? How do I hold tight to reality (second job) and shed fear by staying naive long enough to take the leap? 

No comments: