Monday, March 10, 2014

Down & Out - Bounce Back

After last week's super adventure, I'm beginning to recover. Except for the fact that I didn't document a check that went out on Thursday and I can't figure out which facility I sent it to, I am really starting to get back to normal. Things usually happen in 3's but I'm not sure which events of the chaotic events qualify  for a slot in the 3's because for every stroke of bad luck I had last week there was a strike of good luck and I just couldn't keep up. 

Don't worry, I won't bore you with the details of my adventures but I will tell you that it involved, 1 tow truck driver, 1 co-worker, 3 mechanics, and 1 dog with an upset stomach for 3 days. The same 3 days that W happened to be out of town. Many of the events were directly related to incompetence from a service I received and paid a pretty penny for. I'm convinced that there isn't a business out there that will satisfy the customer whether big or small. Something is bound to go wrong or just plain flake out. I cannot count the numerous times we've tried to get an estimate or had service completed regarding the trees in our yard or the roof on our house or work on our vehicles that botched everything else up. I feel like I can't trust anyone. I'm finding myself filling out more and more feedback survey's for downright incompetence. Is it that my expectations are too high. Should I not expect a return call from a business when I leave an inquiry on their voice mail?

Anyway, things went OK this weekend as part of the Bounce Back. B had her first soccer game which was unfairly matched. Again, I might be expecting too much but B's team has 5 kids under the age of 10 and the other team had children all 13 years old and older. I am thankful that the 17 y/o from Brazil on the opposing team was careful not to harm any one of our team members when he kicked the ball over everyone's head down into the goal area for the score. We lost 10 to 0 but our guys (and girls) tried really hard. 

The dog is feeling better, miraculously, but not until we went in to an emergency visit to the animal hospital Saturday morning and all of our vehicles are fully operational. I didn't sew anything but I spent some time in the yard with the hubby and kids cleaning and raking. It was productive and uplifting. I also want to casually mention that I received the GREEN LIGHT on the studio so I will be strategically planning this over the next couple of weeks. I've already started the lifestyle change with the kids by telling them NO on a few purchases this weekend and they understood.

I'm hopeful that today will be great and look forward to planning our small business. YAY!

No comments: