Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blog Abandonment

Once again I've completely lost my interest in waking up early to blog. What is it that spikes my motivation to do something so consistently and then a short time later it becomes the least important thing in my life. Maybe I'm a little too dramatic over blogging but it does depress me that I cannot remain passionate about ANYTHING for long periods of time. 

I'm looking back over the blog to see that things may have been coming to a head in December based on the amount of stress I revealed several times in posts. I probably shouldn't beat myself up too badly because I let one ball drop. I'm considering the cafe again so that's a good sign of recovery. I also sewed a beautiful dress this week which happens to have been the most difficult project I've completed to date and that makes me more motivated than ever. This burst of motivation may be due to the fact that I utilized the last week as a much needed vacation time away from work. This time was spent with family and slumming around the house. Things are starting to turn around I hope so that I can become passionate about the things that are important for my future and not my "right-now".


Pictured: unfinished garment. I only pinned the pieces together on the dress form at this point to get an idea of what the finished product would look like.
Pattern: New Look 6023 size 6
 Alterations: I brought the neck down about 1 inch and took the shoulders in about 1 inch to accommodate my petite frame. I took the back seams in about 1/4 inch to cinch the diameter of the torso down as well.
Fabric: 100% Navy blue suit wool.
Style: Fabulous. 

Just to set the records, blogging is not my passion. Creating is. Blogging was an avenue I took in order to build a web presence when the time came to deploy my dream of The Craft Room Cafe. Actually, I'm not doing anything right now. Maybe I'll start that website!

No comments: