Monday, August 10, 2009

Bored without chaos.

We are kid-less. This is our second day without any children in our home... I don't know what to do with myself. G and B are running a muck in Chicago with their Grammy and G is going to New Jersey with his mom and Step Dad. If W and I had school then we could focus on that but that's gone too. What's a mom to do? My mind says make jewelry, sew, sand that rocking chair, paint the crib, do laundry, shop, read, but by the time I finally pick something I have completely mentally exhausted myself and nothing gets done. I guess I will have to relax against my better judgement and save the chaos for the children.

4 comments:

London said...

Why is it that mores gets done when we have less time? Enjoy the quiet for now.

bev said...

When my hubby and kids would go out of town (deer hunting down south) I would pull their bedrooms apart and seriously clean out. They hated me for it. But I was always OCD'n over cleaning. Look where that got me. Right here.... Same place I would have been had I just relaxed and did nothing. Soooo, yeh what London said. ENJOY the quiet for now.

kendall said...

Yes... I remember coming back to clean room... and my 'awesome' clothes in the trash!
You should RELAX! watch a good movie (or three), don't cook, and definitely don't sand a rocking chair.

Vera said...

Congrats Joanie and Wayland. You are adorable together. What a wonderful little family. I am so proud of Wayland and truly hope for his and your happiness throughout life. Love Auntie Vera
(Waylands favorite auntie)